Remember when “BDE” was a thing? I think “NME” (New Moon Energy) should be a thing, because this new season, new moon energy has me feeling POWERFUL. Capable. Ready! Here are some steps my NME has me taking:
- Skillcrush. I’ve been obsessed with HTML ever since back in middle school when I realized you could view a site’s page source and peep their code. I loved customizing my Myspace, and my Teen Open Diary (RIP 😫)… but I never knew that any of that fell under the umbrella of “coding”. For me, when I thought of coding, I pictured Girl With a Dragon Tattoo type situations. But then I took Skillcrush’s Coding Bootcamp (and finished it in one night, because that’s just how I am), and it opened my eyes to how much I already know about coding, and how easy it is to learn! This is NOT an ad or endorsed by the Skillcrush team in ANY way, I’m just genuinely excited about how much I’ve learned and how much I’m still learning (cuz you KNOW I went back to enroll in more courses.) Expect this very website to be re-vamped soon!
- Yellow Co. Again, NOT an ad, just an amazing community I’m super excited about. In my introductory post, I spoke a little about my goal with Husmus: increased access to events for entrepreneurs who can’t physically be there, and the Founder, Joanna Waterfall, seemed genuinely interested in my work and how she could make Yellow Co. more accessible as well. There are a lot of entrepreneurial groups out there, but it’s so refreshing and validating when you find a space where know your words are actually being SEEN!
Okay, onto the work!
Much has been happening in the world of Husmus! I’m really giving a lot of my attention to building up The Husmus Social Circle… I just have so many ideas for things I can do and say that I wish someone had done and said to me when I was younger. Keep your eyes peeled for some content collabs with PepTalkHer and The Self Care Association!
- Episode 27 of Baily Hancock’s Stop Collaborate & Listen Podcast with Rob Balasabas, Social Media & Community Manager at Thinkific, and Episode 28 with Ahyiana Angel, Author, Podcast Host & Founder of Mayzie Media.
- Episode 46 of Sara Weinreb’s Medium Well Podcast- My existential crisis in sharing my work (solo series), as well as Episode 47– Ethical and sustainable fashion 101 (solo series).
This has been a VERY big week for Husmus!
It all started out with with me writing a few articles on LinkedIn (here and here). I shared them on some of the social media platforms I’m on, and I got a lot of responses. Like a LOT. And they all agreed that increased representation, visibility, inclusion, and a sense of community were all things that entrepreneurs living with mental health issues sorely needed. So I reached out to a few people… and I took the next baby step. I started the Husmus Social Circle. It’s a completely free forum for people dealing with the same struggles I am as an anxious person in a face-to-face, networking world. The site is still in its infancy, as I plan to grow it using the feedback I get from the members (yes, we have members!). So pop on over and check it out if you get the chance and want to join in!
- Episode 25 of Baily Hancock’s Stop Collaborate & Listen Podcast with Sydney Gilbert, Founder & CEO (and Intern and Head of Finance…) of Sydney Gilbert Creative
- Episode 44 of Sara Weinreb’s Medium Well Podcast: Practical and mystical tools for building and scaling a wellness startup with Michelle Pellizzon of Holisticism
Plus TheMessy newsletter is back! Click the Subscribe button at the bottom of the Messy.fm FAQ page to get free helpful content weekly! Banner made by me 🙂
- I also made these cute little stickers for when I share my work on social media! 🤗
Check out my Instagram stories to see them in action!